Country Manager Italy
Are you a manager with experience in the preparation of estimates and tenders and contract management who prefers to work in the dynamic environment of an expanding family owned firm? This position offers a large degree of autonomy and liberty in contributing to the development and continuous professionalization of our location in Italy. While you are looking for a challenging work environment offering liberty, we are striving to further strengthen our Italian Department which contributes to the future of A.Hak.
As a Country Manager for our International Division you are responsible for the preparation of estimates and tenders and contract management. You have excellent coordinating and negotiating skills, so that you are able to carry out subcontract negotiations. Besides you have a strong sense for cost control. Other activities like the reviewing of engineering documents of projects and making technical reports are also part of your job. In this job, you report to the Director of the International Department of A.Hak, located at the Head Quarter in the Netherlands.
Tasks also include:
- Relating to contract management, you have contact with client en sub-contractors, from award till the final completion and hand over;
- Drafting and preparation of subcontracts;
- Monitoring project costs and analyzing the differences between estimated costs and actual costs as part of the cost control;
- Define and propose possible alternatives or variations to the client;
- Draw up technical reports and operative instructions to be presented to the client in the tender phase;
- Coordinate project site visits for estimating purposes, offering support to the Project Managers on site during project execution and coordinate and liaise with the board;
- Collaborate with the Proposal Manager of the Central Head Quarter in the Netherlands, in case of bidding and procurement activities for projects outside Italy.
What do we ask?
First of all you work autonomously and have a proactive attitude. At the same time you appreciate the challenge of working in a team and contributing to continuous improvements and increased efficiency in contract management. Transparency and non-corruption are part of your own values and beliefs. You are thorough in pursuing goals and have a strong sense of duty. In our dynamic company culture, every day is different and it is important that you are willing and able to deal with ad hoc tasks. You are therefore able to quickly move on from one topic to another and possess professional communication skills. The new colleague for our department in Italy we are looking for is self-assured and committed to preserve the interests of the company with a professional attitude.
We furthermore ask for:
- Master degree in Engineering (civil or mechanical);
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in estimating, tendering and project execution of Pipeline projects;
- Knowledge of QHSE of construction site, planning Primavera, ISO systems and certification;
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills;
- Professional use of English and Italian language, a third language is a plus.
What do we offer?
First of all a highly motivated international working environment that offers great liberty for new initiatives and virtually endless possibilities to further develop yourself. We offer a salary in line with industry standards that depends on your age, education, knowledge and experience. We furthermore offer excellent fringe benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- 22 paid vacation days; (from Monday to Friday)
- 11 paid permits days; (from Monday to Friday)
- Bonus for high performance;
- Company car.
Where will you work?
Working at A.Hak means working within an international family company that permanently employs more than 1,000 staff members who highly value flexibility and loyalty. Based on our excellent reputation and more than 50 years of experience, we are an industry leader in the world of connections. Our Pipelines & Facilities Division focuses on constructing underground pipelines and the corresponding facilities, both in the field as within industrial sites. This division includes our companies A.Hak Leidingbouw, A.Hak International and A.Hak Industrial. We are active in the Benelux and various countries in Southern and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America and Canada. As a project-driven organization our communication structures are short and quick while our company culture is direct and informal. Finding the best solutions for our customers’ requirements and desires is always our primary motivation. Together with our enthusiastic, involved and qualified staff members, A.Hak is a quality-oriented organization, offering you every opportunity to further develop yourself.
More information or apply directly?
For information about this position, applying to it or other information, please contact Chiara Casali (+39 345 430 4779) or send us your application letter accompanied with your resumé to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that any and all sales initiatives from e.g. Recruitment Agencies based on this career opportunity are rejected as a matter of policy.